The BSc program intends to provide students with a solid training in environmental science with a special focus in ecosystems. It emphasizes on the basic understanding of the environment as an integrated system which encompasses factors involving air, land and water, as well as natural processes and human activities.
- Government departments (Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department, Environmental Protection Department)
- Environmental consultancies (environmental impact assessments, natural resource management)
- Public education (teaching, conservation groups, ecotourism), and research.
- Knowledge ‒ Demonstrate an understanding of the environment as an integrated system involving air, land, water, and human activities.
- Execution ‒ Apply the principles and knowledge to solve environmental problems.
- Judgment ‒ Interpret and critically analyze scientific data; draw conclusions from experiments and field studies.
- Communication ‒ Effectively communicate fundamental environmental science knowledge through oral and written presentations.
- Interpersonal skill and Leadership ‒ Work independently and collaborate effectively in team work.
- Appreciation of science ‒ Recognize the importance of harmony among human, the nature, and a sustainable living society.
- Ethical practice ‒ Become a responsible citizen towards their community and contribute to a sustainable environment.
- Self-reflection ‒ Self-evaluate their own learning progress, and develop motivation and skills for lifelong learning.
- International outlook ‒ Use a global perspective in conjunction with scientific knowledge to view issues in environmental science.
Career Prospects and Career Training
Many of our graduates from this BSc program are engaged in higher studies or employed by local environmental non-governmental organizations (NGOs), consultancies and government agencies.
- ALS Life Sciences Division (Environmental) ― a testing laboratory
- Business Environment Council
- Eco-Education & Resources Center
- Friends of the Earth (Hong Kong)
- Fung Yuen Butterfly Reserve
- Hong Kong Wetland Park
- Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden
- Ocean Park Hong Kong
- WWF-Hong Kong
In addition, some of our students identified their own internships from other organizations such as the Environmental Protection Department and Tropical Forest Conservation Action for Sumatera (Indonesia).
Please refer to the website of the university's Undergraduate Recruitment & Admissions Office, URAO for details of the admission requirements and application procedures.